Balanced Profile for GeForce GTX 560M?

Support for Nv GPU Pro software.

Balanced Profile for GeForce GTX 560M?

Postby louislo0olz » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:21 pm

Hi currently the program comes with two profiles: High Performance and Power Saving, but I was wondering which would be good values for a Balanced profile? in order to save energy and compromise a little performance

louislo0olz

Re: Balanced Profile for GeForce GTX 560M?

Postby NvGPUPro » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:51 am

That would depends on the graphics card performance (low-end, medium-end, or high-end), age, and what you do with with the system. Nv GPU Pro cannot determine this. That is why both Power Saver and High Performance profiles are customizable.

For clarification:
By "age", I am not suggesting that the graphics card slows down over time. I mean a GeForce FX 5900 would be much slower than a GeForce GTX 980, despite both high-end graphics cards.

So, you can either decrease the performance of High Performance, or increase Power Saver one.

Hope this helps.
NvGPUPro
Site Admin

Postby louislo0olz » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:28 pm

Oh ok. The thing is that I came up with this question because for the High Performance and Power Saver profiles I created a "Balanced" profile with values in between those two and while monitoring I noticed those values were not applied, so I wasn't sure if that could be because of "wrong" values or could be any other reason.
Thanks

louislo0olz

Postby NvGPUPro » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:58 pm

"Wrong" values could cause the profile from not being applies.
For your GPU, make sure that the Shader clock is 2x Core Clock.

So for example, if you set the Core clock to 500 MHz. The Shader clock must be 1000 MHz.

If you notice that the GPU remains at minimum speed once you apply your profile, this is your GPU power management kicking in. That is fine, if you push the GPU, it should increase up to your profile you specified.
NvGPUPro
Site Admin

Return to Technical Support