Problem with Nv GPU Pro

Support for Nv GPU Pro software.

Problem with Nv GPU Pro

Postby kinorte » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:18 am

I made an update for my Nvidia GT 520M drive, and now Nv GPU Pro dosen't recognize the graphic card. Can you help me?
System information:
Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate Service pack 1
Nvidia graphic card: Geforce GT 520M
Nvidia driver version: 327.23

kinorte

Re: Problem with Nv GPU Pro

Postby NvGPUPro » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:50 am

Certainly!

First of all, make sure you have Nvidia System Tool still installed after your driver upgrade. If it's still there, try and re-install it.

If that does not help, then what you can do, is open Nv GPU Pro Management Console, and open the Settings panel, and then go under the Maintenance section, and select Rest all settings to default.

Does this help?
NvGPUPro
Site Admin

Postby kinorte » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:29 pm

I installed Nvidia System Tools, and reinstalled Nv GPU Pro but no change.
It shows me this error:
nv GPU Pro.jpg
nv GPU Pro.jpg (207.96 KiB) Viewed 2256 times

And before update in my NVIDIA GPU Activity panel the Nv GPU pro program were there all the time, now it's nothing.
gpu.jpg
gpu.jpg (21.08 KiB) Viewed 2256 times

kinorte

Postby NvGPUPro » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:46 pm

Ah ok. Sorry I miss understood you. So Nv GPU Pro still identifies your graphic card correctly, but it can't get the GPU temperature and usage. I see that your system have Nvidia Optimus technology.

What happens if you force your GPU to be turned on, in some fashion (like play a game, if they are no options for doing that on your system)? Does the GPU temperature and usage are being displayed, in Nv GPU Pro? I am thinking that with the newer drivers, the your graphic card turns off its sensors and/or simply stop reporting that information

If still nothing, then, as you can see, Nvidia own tool, can't report the GPU activity, which indicates a bug in the latest Nvidia drivers. The way, Nv GPU Pro gets that information, is by asking the driver for such information, because we believe it's the best way to get accurate results.

How about trying the latest Beta drivers of your graphic card, maybe it's fixed with that one?
NvGPUPro
Site Admin

Return to Technical Support