GDDR5 Video ram is limited to 3Ghz and so unusable

Got suggestions or comments? Feel free to share them.

GDDR5 Video ram is limited to 3Ghz and so unusable

Postby ianster_guy » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:06 am

This software is incompatible with my GeForce GT 640 since it can only slow down my video memory by almost half. The program needs to detect GDDR5 Ram and allow those cards to have an extended safe configuration zone. That or the free version should allow me to alter the profile of my card if that is the manual fix. At this point I don't even know if the program would work if I bought it.

I'm not certain if I will be checking back for feed back. I just thought it was an important bug to point out.

ianster_guy

Re: GDDR5 Video ram is limited to 3Ghz and so unusable

Postby NvGPUPro » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:32 pm

Thank you for your feedback.
Yes, Nv GPU Pro sadly doesn't support GeForce 600 series and up (well, Kepler architecture and newer). This is due to the discontinuation of Nvidia System Tools by Nvidia, which this software is dependent on.

Due to this unfortunate event, and the way Nv GPU Pro was initially coded, it didn't have much in modularity. This was a critical mistake in design, that should have not happen. So, as a result, a complete recode of the software is well needed to try and avoid future problems as such, sadly it is a very time consuming process. Next version of Nv GPU Pro will allow to use Nvidia System Tools or MSI Afterburner by default, and allow (at an architecture level) support for other overclock software who opens up, including its own built-in one, if this come to fruition one day, and no longer be dependent on any other software.

Sorry once again about this.
I hope you stay tune for Nv GPU Pro 2.0
NvGPUPro
Site Admin

Return to Feedback & Suggestions